Friday 27 June 2008

You give love a bad name


Name me anyone who can geniunely say that they don't like Bon Jovi, and I'll eat my hat.

Alright, so we might not want to openly admit to worshiping at the Jovi alter - but after a few pints, I bet that there's not a girl my age (27, ahem) who hasn't belted out the chorus of Livin on a Prayer, with her pals, while dancing round her living room and sloshing about white wine.

It doesn't take a genius to work out why they named their recent hits collection 100,000,000 Bon Jovi Fans Can’t Be Wrong - and today I'm outing myself openly as loving the Bon.

Me and my friends are off to see The Jonnster (maybe I won't call him that when he plucks me from the crowd) tonight at Twickenham, and I'm ridiculously excited. I thought I should rock the 80s look for the evening.....so that if he does spot me, I'll remind him of his finest era. On are the big hooped earrings, jeans and check shirt. Still debating on a headband. I wanted to wear a Bon Jovi t-shirt, but I don't have one (for 'don't have one' read 'it's worn out - I wear it to bed'). But hey, I can buy one there.

We're listening to the classics now, getting ourselves hyped up - and debating on whether to make a banner for the occasion. Planning on getting there around 6, after going for some beer first, and screaming our little hearts out.

PS....his new stuff is kinda rubbish. Fingers crossed he plays Always and Bad Medicine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dancing round the living room, sloshing wine and singing to JBJ...surely we all grew out of that a long time ago?!!

Anonymous said...

You wait until July - a tenner says we'll be sloshing, dancing and sincing