Tuesday 30 December 2008

Happy Christmas you arse

Around 3pm on Boxing Day, every year, I wonder at what point in my life I turned into a pain in the arse. Perhaps I didn't turn - perhaps it's always been this way.

I love Christmas. I like getting dressed in my warmest clothes, wrapping presents and toasting the festivities with big glasses of mulled wine. I love Christmas particularly in Somerset - all long walks, roaring fires and good food. But as soon as it's over (like the minute the clock strikes 12) I go into a very early January sulk. Nothing's good anymore - and quite frankly, if Quality Street and mince pies aren't readily available, at any point in the day, what's the sodding point?

2 comments:

@EmVicW said...

Why aren't Quality Street and mince pies available?? We are still wading through ours.

My complaint is that my mum and sister have both started to take down the decorations. Pah. We haven't even finished Christmas yet!! Still a family bash on Saturday yet!

Anonymous said...

Well they are available of course -but I'm led to believe that it's unwise to start every day with six of those nice purple nutty chocs before breakfast. At Christmas, such antics are definitely acceptable.

My Christmas tree's only just gone. A very sad day indeed.