Monday 23 June 2008

Exciting developments

Was just IMing with my pal Emily about blogging. She's been at it for years now - blogging that is - and I like her blog a lot. I definitely think that it's harder than it looks, though. I'm two weeks in now and the process of keeping a daily diary has revealed that not much goes on in my life (which is how I like it, incidentally - I don't fancy any boat rocking, tear inducing, teeth knashing crises anytime soon).

My work days generally look like this:

Get up.....eat toast and watch the telly......go to work.... have lunch with pals.....back to work.....go to the pub......move on for cocktails (if I'm flash/flush)......go home to the man......cook dinner....watch the telly...... go to bed.

My weekends generally look like this:

Get up....potter around/go for a big breakfast...... go food shopping.....meet friends/go shopping.......go to the pub or hang out with the boy for a DVD fest

Which doesn't make great blog fodder. Emily reckons it's all about having strong opinions, rather than keeping a daily record of your life - which is a good point. But I have to get some interesting, well thought through, opinions first. Mine are generally uneducated rantings (except for about shoes and movies - which I have many well researched opinions on).

So for now, here's a rundown of some (mildly) interesting things that are going on in my life:

1. My friend Sarah has been featured in the new poster for her favourite band One Night Only (pictured here)
2. I saw Will Mellor in my local costcutters on Saturday and he smiled at me. Which made me too embarrassed to buy the loo rolls I'd gone in for
3. I saw Joanna Lumley in Tescos (on the same day - a veritable celebrity spotting fest). She looks great and enjoys, seemingly, pepperoni pizzas
4. I got the first four numbers on the lottery on Saturday night. Which only wins £43. Two more and I'd have been a millionairess
5. I bought my dress for my friend Emily's wedding. And I'm so excited about going.

3 comments:

@EmVicW said...

Shall I help you by getting you riled about something?

Dress sizes/shoe sizes and the way they are NEVER the same in two stores

Call centres

People in the service industries and their lack of service OR the amount of crap people unfairly expect them to take

TV programming

The eternal shrinkage of the Wagon Wheel

People who don't understand how the media works ("but it was on This Morning so it must be true")

Armpits on the tube

Whoever designed mobile phones to have speakers good enough to play shite R&B music to a whole tube carriage

.... That should get the thought process moving :-)

Otherwise this might help: http://thoughts-on-everything.blogspot.com/2008/03/z-of-blogging.html

@EmVicW said...

Oh it cut the link, try this:

http://is.gd/Fgp

Cathy said...

All very good - and extremely infuriating. You've just secured my next five blog posts. Might combine a couple...like a rant about a smelly armpitted man on the tube, eating a shrunken wagon wheel and envangelising on the fine journalism of Fern Britton