Friday 20 June 2008

Legs and the telly

Phew - I've at last resurfaced after two days holed up at home, suffering with a particularly nasty dose of sciatica. Anyone who gets it will know that it's not nice at all. You feel ok when lying flat, but any movement sends your legs and bum into spasm, which can be agony. My doctor tells me that I get it particularly badly, and I must stick with my physio to sort it out - otherwise risk doing myself some long term damage. I'm pretty lazy about it though - but a dose like the one I've just had has reinforced my willpower and I'm determined to keep up the exercises.

Am now back on my feet, and in the office catching up on all the news and moves. Glad that I've recovered in time for the weekend and am very much looking forward to the first Friday drink tonight, and a lovely weekend filled with friends and family.

The two days at home saw me being annoying to say the least. I did a lot of pouting - and whinging that I could see it was sunny outside and that I wanted to be out. I think I said 'prisoner in my own home' (which of course I wasn't). I definitely grizzled. The boy did a sterling job in putting up with me though - and his commitment to regular tea making was most helpful.

The time at home did, however, allow me to watch a lot off Big Brother. I completed my marathon Big Brother watching session in between working (done from a horizontal position with a laptop balanced precariously on my good knee) and hobbling to the bathroom. I'm now firmly hooked (on the Big Brother, not on the bathroom hobbling) and I'm liking Rex more and more. If you haven't seen him (why?) or are wavering - here's my top ten reasons to support him:

1. He takes his girlfriend to the cinema every week, just so she can have the nachos (I too love multiplex nachos)
2. He has a lovely voice - very deep and assured (though I think my moniker of Sexy Rexy won't take off)
3. He likes kid's flicks...."what's wrong with Ratatouille, Luke?" (yeah, Luke, what's not to like about a talking rat?)
4. He cooks. Scratch that - he's a CHEF
5. He's good to his mother
6. He stood up to that nasty bitch, Alex. When none of the other men stepped in. What the hell happened to chivalry, boys?
7. He has a LOVELY voice (did I mention that?)
8. He isn't Mario
9. He's nice to Kat (I like her - she's HIWARIOUS) - and has invited everyone to his restaurant for an after show party (can I come?)
10. He doesn't scream, sing incessantly, pose (ok he does a bit) or talk about a TV show deal - unlike the rest of them

Come on girls and boys, let's make this boy a winner.

No comments: