Thursday 10 July 2008

Getting opinionated

This blogging lark's become a bit of a hassle - in that it's made me realise that I get up to very little in the way of interesting hobbies or pursuits. Originally started as a diary of what I'm up to, the entries are starting to look a little similar. 'Today I went for lunch with pals, and then out drinking' has started to seem suspiciously like my catchphrase.

My friend Emily has told me before, that a blog should be more about my opinions on life. And now, after hearing me tell her that I'm not getting into twitter, because it magnifies the lack of activity in my life, she commented:

"Again, its not about what you do, its what you think. Honestly darling you need to realise this web 2.0 thing is not about DOING anything at all. You are so 1.0 with your active lifestyle and genuine social life".

So - from here on in, you lucky reader(s) is/are going to get a taste of some of my finest opinions. I've already started drafting another post in which I will pose the question of how acceptable it is to stick one man's head up another man's arse - in cinema or otherwise. I say not. Now, see, that's an opinion. And from here on in, I'll try to pose some real chin scratching, debate stirring, geniune thoughts. Oh yeah. You've been warned.

No comments: