Friday 15 August 2008

Needy, not nice

I've had various conversations with my male friends where we've debated romancic liaisons, and they've advised that for a man, a key turn-off in a chick is desperation.

Fair enough, I think. Sure, there are worse characteristics - being mean, money- grabbing or psychopathic are probably worse. But I can understand why it wouldn't be the most attractive trait.

But boys, same goes for you. And if you need a cautionary tale, take a look at Rex (formerly known as Sexy Rexy) on this year's Big Brother. Before his girlfriend came into the house, he was developing a fairly strong following of female fans. I liked the fact he was a little bit funny and quite a bit arrogant. Sure, he loved himself too much, but I didn't care.

But since his chick's arrived, he's turned into a needy, cloying and insecure chap. And it's not attractive. Sure, he might be a bit paranoid about what's being said about him on the outside world (and he's right to be - see the story about him and his Vegas strippers?), but it's not painting him in a good light. Even his odd, slightly annoying, girlfriend is switched off.

Sort it out, Rexy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very good site! where we find good advice and tips.I like it.