Thursday 21 August 2008

Here we go again....


At the risk of this blog becoming a forum for me to post rather rubbish movie reviews, I have been watching a lot of flicks recently. After a particularly drunken evening, celebrating a successful work event, I decided that an afternoon in a darkened room was really quite appealing, and tagged along with my pal Caroline to see Mama Mia.

It's so good! Completely bonkers, and Colin Firth can't sing a note (neither can Brosnan - the chicks carry the movie) but fantastic. It's probably the established cast that makes Mamma Mia work so successfully. And the fact that it doesn’t take itself too seriously. Every song has a gag involved and every dance move is a high octane scramble.

It was the first time in ages that I've seen an audience stand and clap after the movie was done. Lovely stuff.

2 comments:

@EmVicW said...

Interesting - everyone who I know that has watched it in the UK loved it. Everyone out here hated it. Its obviously not Aussie humour.

Actually my sister recommended it only slightly less vehemently than she does an epidural for childbirth.

Anonymous said...

haha - brilliant.

It's one of those ones that's so bad, it turns full circle and becomes complete genius. First half an hour saw me wanting to knaw off my own arm to give me something to throw at the screen. After that, I was hooked in the brilliantness of how random and bonkers it was.